Friday, September 17, 2010

Priceless & Yet Free for us !!!

A Christian's possessions

A tax officer came one day to a poor Christian to determine the amount of taxes he would have to pay. The following conversation took place ; " what property do you possess ? " asked the assessor .

" I am a very wealthy man ," replied the Christian .

" List your possessions , please , " the assessor instructed .

The Christian replied :

First , I have everlasting life , John 3:16
Second , I have a mansion in heaven , John 14:2
Third , I have a perfect conscience & peace that passes all understanding , Philipians 4:7
Fourth , I have joy unspeakable, 1 Peter 1:8
Fifth , I have divine love which never fails , 1 Corinthians 13:8
Sixth , I have a faithful wife , Proverbs 31:10
Seventh , I have a healthy , happy obedient children , Exodus 20:12
Eight , I have true and loyal friends , Proverbs 18:24
Ninth , I have songs in the night , Psalms 42:8
Tenth , I have a crown of life , James 1:12

The tax assessor closed his book and said " Truly you are a very rich man , but your property is not subject to taxation . "
I pray that all of us will have this kind of tax free ' wealth ' .


Author unknown !

No comments:

Post a Comment